Marketing Section -> Merchandising/Coupons | Discount Manager
Merchandising: Controls both merchandising and coupon offers. Merchandising offers take place based on user actions, such as adding a single product or multiple products to the page.
- Name: As above
- Active: Yes/No
- Dates: Radio button, ongoing or date range
- Coupon: Yes/No
- If “Yes”, another box is added:
- Coupon Code: User inputs coupon code needed at checkout to receive discount, such as “FREESHIP”.
- If “No”, offer is counted as needing no coupon.
- Product(s): Select single or multiple products
- Example: Home & Garden
- Note: For Product and Category types, a new box will be present, allowing user to select either products or categories to apply offer to.
- Combination: Multiple product combo that only takes effect when all product are present, e.g., ‘Bundle Discount”
- Pricing: If a user adds $X to cart, they will receive a certain discount, e.g., “Spend $100 and receive free shipping/X% off”
- Discount: List of discounts from Discount Manager section
Discount Manager: Controls the available discounts available for coupons or merchandising offers.
- Name: Name of offer, e.g., “30% Off”, “Free Shipping”, “$10 Off”
- Types: Either a shipping or a product type
- Discount Method: $ or %, with shipping being only a $ type offer
- Amount: Amount of discount, e.g., “$10”